Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Work Begins!

Well - our wonderful TWO MONTH furlow/hiatus has sadly come to an end. Not that working is a bad thing at all - but not working - well - it's pretty fun :) Deb and I began working this week. Debbie is working at Huntington Hospital here in Pasadena - and this was orientation week. So Monday through Thursday Deb was up at 7AM and at the hospital sitting through seminars on benefits and hospital info. and all that fun stuff. As tough as it was to shift back into work mode, Deb is getting excited about working at Huntington. On three separate occasions - people have told her how GREAT her boss is. So she's very encouraged. Also - the benefits of working at Huntington are pretty cool. Every time Deb gives blood, she gets an hour of paid vacation AND a gift ranging from free movie tickets, starbucks coffee, a tee shirt, ice cream, or free carwash! So it's pretty awesome!

I began EXTRA work this week!!! wooohooo! The proper name is "background actor" but we all know we're just moving scenery. It was actually pretty fun - nothing I could stand doing long term - but fun to have front row seats to tv and film production. On Tuesday I was a cop for the new show "Womens Murder Club," which is beginning its first season on ABC on Friday evenings. My costume was realistic - I had the full cop getup with the full utility belt AND a bullet proof vest that I had to wear under my shirt. I probably weighed an extra 20 lbs. and looked like I weighed an extra 50. I looked quite rediculous, actually. I was also on "Criminal Minds" on Wednesday. That was a bit more boring - but I got a lot of reading done! Monday I'm on the movie "Step Brothers" with Will Ferrell - so that should be kinda fun.

I had my standup debut last night!! I connected with a guy who goes to Fuller Seminary and he was putting a show together for first year students and asked me to do 5 mintues. So, naturally, I did 10. It was a blast - the audience was great (yes - they laughed) and I got so much encouragement from the other comics who performed. There was actually a couple who were the headliners who have been doing a lot of work around LA who we talked to afterword for probably 30-45 minutes. They had some really nice things to say about my bit and gave me some great tips for performing out here. So bit by bit - God is connecting me to this place! Call us if you want more details.

As always - we miss you all very much. Keep in touch and stay tuned!! :)

3 comments:

olive juice smitty said...

Things sound like they're falling into place quite nicely :) I'm excited for what life in Pasadena has to offer you two! Deb, congrats on the scooter and Tim, congrats on being an extra...how did you get hooked up with those gigs?

Bree Dudek said...

Well Done guys. If we make it out there any time soon I am going to need an appointment to give blood, I need a new T shirt. B careful on that Scooter, keep up the great work.
Bree and Lisa

raemo said...

Does the t-shirt say, "I saved a life, and all I got was this stupid t-shirt"? I'll talk to you soon, but I hope your day with Will Ferrell is fantastic!!!