Thursday, October 25, 2007

My funnest day yet!


Soooo - yesterday (this is Tim by the way) I had my most fun gig yet. I was booked - through an online casting company called LAcasting - on a video project that Bette Midler was having made to open for her big Las Vegas show starting next year. The premise is that a HUGE tornado tears through Las Vegas, picking up all sorts of "Las Vegas type" people - Elvis, a couple getting married, construction workers, showgirls etc. Well, I was booked as the groom AND a construction worker. It was such a blast. They put us in harnesses and then we put our costumes over top of the them and we were hooked into this suspension system in front of a huge green screen. We were hoisted above the ground and they blew a lot of air on us and we flipped around - all the while trying to continue the wedding ceremony. I'm not exaggerating when I say this - but it was probably one of the most physically demanding things I've ever done. I was drenched in sweat after the long takes and the director yelling different things for us to do. When I was a construction worker, they had us go from swaying in the wind to dancing to YMCA. By the end of that, I truly felt like I was going to throw up. But it was so fun and the director and crew all were so nice and told me they thought I was funny - SUCCESS!!! It was a non union gig (which means not much money) but you know - I'm really thankful for the experience and can only hope for more like it. Yet another chapter in living the dream!!

Oh - and by the way, if you happen to find yourself in Las Vegas next year, be sure to check out Bette's new show. It will be staged in Caesar's Palace and you won't be able to miss me. I'm at the very beginning on apparently the biggest screen in the history of mankind. Check it out. The picture I've included gives you an idea of what I was doing! Hope you're having an awesome day!!

6 comments:

Patti said...

You and Deb should have gotten married that way!

Patti said...

From Mom:

Glad you are having fun. You didn't really marry someone else, did you?

Patti said...

And funnest isn't a word!

ben wideman said...

that is AWESOME!!!

Katie said...

That's so great, Tim!! you've already made it to the big screen!! :)

faith said...

seriously! SO FUN!