Saturday, November 15, 2008

27


Hard to believe - yet another year of life has come and gone. I am, as of November 12th, now 27 years old. Don't worry those of you who are older than me and wish you were 27 again - I'm not going to complain about how old I feel. I won't do that to you. I don't really think anyone has the right to complain about how old they are unless they're in their 100's. Even if you're 90 and start saying "Oh, I'm just so old" - you know a 91 year old will pipe in and say "Now you shut up! Do you know what I wouldn't give to be 90 again? It only gets harder from here whipper snapper." (At what age to you actually start using the word "whipper snapper" anyway?) But if you're 109, you're kind of the oldest person alive. When you hit that age, you've merited the right to complain about age. All that to say I - at 27 - am doing just fine. In fact, I'm feeling GREAT! I feel healthier and lighter than I did at 22. California is GREAT! I have to keep remembering that back east, people have had to take their exercise (if they are still exercising) indoors. It's 91 in LA today. I love being able to ride my fantastic bicycle all year round! I do have to remind myself, however, that 27 is DONE. I may have that age next to my name - but my 27th year is finished. I am now beginning my 28th year. It's a little more depressing to think that way - but I just have to be realistic. Goodbye 27. :) We celebrated with our friends the Widemans and the Whites by eating some fantastic Thai food at our favorite Thai place - Saladang. mmmmmmm! Deb made me the bestest cake on earth - German Sweet Chocolate! I've got a picture for you to drool over!

We are well! I began the process of producing my voiceover demo reel last Monday. This is the thing that makes everything possible within the voiceover actors world. It's going to make it possible for me to get an agent and from there get auditions and WORK!! We're (me and my producer) starting with my commercial demo and after that will work on the animation demo. It's an investment - but it will be worth it! I'm very excited. The process will take a few months. I've had a few comedy gigs recently that went decently.

Deb and I are SO excited for the Holidays! We get to go home for a visit in just about 3 weeks! We go home for a week on Dec.9th! So maybe we'll see some of you readers when we're there!

As always - hope you all are well and that your life is blessed!

Timmy (and Deb)

ps - visit my website if you haven't recently!

7 comments:

Cafe Observer said...

You're really 27???
I thought bw said you were...well, i 4got what he said suddenly.

Hey, save some of that GERMAN Sweet Chocolate for this GERMAN Shepherd!

Tim and Deb said...

haha - i most certainly will! :)

Joshua Hoffert said...

Happy Birthday!!!

ben wideman said...

hilarious picture. love it!

Josh said...

happy bday timbo! i didn't realize that the older you get, the bigger your candles get!? Wow, when you ARE 109, you won't even be able to reach the top of your candles in order to blow them out!

Melody Marie Carroll said...

Wow! That cake looks amazing. Enjoy your 28th year. I hope your dreams start becoming reality.

Love,

Mel

Katie said...

wow, the cake and chair are certainly evoking envy... and Deb, I´m so glad you got to work out some stuff with work to let you focus more on grad school! I miss you both and I´m so mad that I´ll miss your Christmas visit, but I´m pumped for New Years!
I love you!